Rainforest Italy brand of Thinking Design Services (P) Ltd values the privacy of the information provided by you and assures you that the same shall be used only to conduct our business and to enable us to provide the best services to you. We do not sell or rent this information to third-party advertisers and for other marketing and promotional purposes except as required for our business and marketing activities. Please read the below document for details.
Rainforest Italy brand of Thinking Design Services (P) Ltd. collects and stores information that is relevant for smooth functioning and efficient service disbursement to the users.
- User contact details such as customer name, email address, phone number, shipping address and account password registered with www.rainforestitaly.com
- User transaction or banking details such as credit card number, debit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and CVV or other information as required for internet banking. Other payment instruments are not held by rainforestitaly.com but is held by our Payment Gateway partner (PayU). Our payment gateway partner is "VeriSign Secured" and "PCI-Compliant" which ensure the highest standards of safety and security for your information.
- User previous orders and transactions including the product and pricing details, the date of purchase, transaction information, payment history etc.
- Information from other online surveys on our or third party sites (posted by rainforestitaly.com) which may include demographic information (like gender, age, etc) as well as product and service preferences of users.
- User session log information on our website rainforestitaly.com which includes your navigation within the site, source of traffic, IP address (from which we can approximately determine user location), browser type, browser language, operating system, date and time of the request, etc.
- Third-party sign in information shared on our website such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Email communication by the user directly with rainforestitaly.com such as product inquiry, order, and transaction-related information, disputes or complaints, etc.
Usage of customer information
Rainforest Italy brand of Thinking Design Services (P) Ltd. uses the customer information with the utmost care and due diligence. However, in order to avoid any hindrance in our services extended to you; the information is used as below:
- We use some of the user and customer information defined above to understand customer behavior and thus offer better and more relevant experiences to you. We use certain information in an aggregated form across users to compile statistical and demographical profiles for our business and marketing activities.
- We use this information to inform you about offers and deals, new launches, information about products you have purchased, order and shipping status, as well as other promotional and informational content. We will provide you the option to opt-out of such services.
- Customer information will be shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners which are also involved in delivering the service to you as a customer in your buying process. We will also need to share some or all of your information as governed in the case of acquisitions by or mergers with other business entities.
- Cookies would be used to provide a customized experience to our users such as identifying recently viewed items (of interest to the user) as well as implementing wish list and cart features.
- We use session log and traffic flow information to understand how users are interacting with our site and to make improvements. This will also be used by us to understand and analyze customer preferences, buying patterns and behavior at an aggregate level.
- We use IP address, traffic sources, user navigation across the site, browser and OS information, etc. to measure overall site performance in terms of a number of users, user engagement, time spent by users on the site, etc.
- We will need to use user or customer information in case required in aspects such as legal disputes or other legal processes; comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement; troubleshoot problems; detect and protect against error, fraud, and other criminal or illegal activity; collect fees owed; enforce our terms and conditions; prevent abuse of our services; prevent violation of the rights of third parties, other users or the general public